he Patient Safety Collaborative (PSC) has developed a network to support improvement around Sepsis. Sepsis is one of the identified patient safety priorities in the region. Although there are a lot of areas of good practice there had been limited opportunities for sharing knowledge and conducting joint work.
The Patient Safety Collaborative has enabled joint working, including:
- A roundtable event with more than 50 participants from across the region, including different professional groups, and representation from acute, community and CCGs, and an ambulance service participating in an energising session.
- A Community of Practice with an open invitation, and online platform.
- Three working groups;
- Developing a joint education strategy covering primary and secondary care.
- Providing a platform for joint working, focussing on areas that do not currently have good networking opportunities.
- Exploring the development of a sepsis pathway that follows the patient, to address the known risks from poor communication between teams.
The Patient Safety Collaborative will support the testing of new ideas that emerge from the three themes, support partners to measure impact, and to share learning across the region.